Monday, October 3, 2011

Possibilities

Everything is possible for one who believes.
Mark 9:23 (NIV)
This verse has been chasing me for the last couple of weeks and
popping up everywhere I go.
LAB's small group has been asking the question,
"What's impossible with God?" for the last two weeks,
thus many of our conversations have centered around God's mind blowing abilities.
So I was a bit stunned last night when this question and verse came up again in my women's study,
Believing God.
And because, Mrs. Beth does such an amazing job of digging deep into heart matters
and offering little escape from hard to swallow questions,
I have been emotionally wrestling all day.
And after a lot of conversations with God, myself and the teachers in the pick up line at school,
I am beginning to gain a smidge of clarity.
Here it is...
I believe the Bible.
I believe that God works all things for good...
even the hard things that I kind of wish he would do differently.
I believe that He hears my prayers, that He loves me and that He is present in my life.
And sometimes this whole believing thing is just unbelievable
and seriously freaks me out when I really, really think about it.
I don't struggle with believing.
I just get overwhelmed and a tad immobile when it comes to possibilities and I start to limit Him in my mind.
And this verse keeps coming and coming and coming.
And I know He wants my attention about something specific.
I am guessing that it's the specific thing that keeps holding my heart back from going wild with love.
The something specific that resonates in my heart when I fully surrender to this particular truth:
 He's got it.
He doesn't need my help.
I was designed to be free.
To believe, trust and follow Him.
 He wants to blow my mind with His grace.
No matter what.
And that just plain scares me.
Because I know what "no matter what" can look like.
And no matter what can rock your world in some really scary ways
and it can rock your world in some pretty awesome ways.
And truth be told either is pretty scary for me.
And I am not always sure how I feel about falling head over heels without knowing where He will take me.
And I don't know that I want to go wherever He leads.
And I seem to prefer to wrestle and believe that he needs my help.
Because this spiritual tug of war gives me the illusion that I have some of the power
and that I am somehow in control of the outcome...and that just seems safe.
But it limits Him.
And I don't want to miss out on all He can do because I am believing the lie that I have to hold the rope.
I am seeking freedom.
Freedom that finds comfort in His embrace, trusts His plan, basks in His love and craves His truth.
No fear, no worry, no what if's.
No matter what He presents.
No matter what.
And I believe that this kind of freedom is possible for me.
 Nothing is impossible with Him.


Counting grace with Ann and friends,

  • puppy errands
  • Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes
  • Fall decorations mixed with seashells
  • baseball games
  • tailgates with fun friends
  • new bible studies
  • sweet hugs from big boys
  • jean weather
  • pink, pink, pink
  • late night walks
  • big hits from my little one
  • ribs and pasta salad
  • football season

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, this is so good, "And I don't know that I want to go wherever He leads. And I seem to prefer to wrestle and believe that he needs my help. Because this spiritual tug of war gives me the illusion that I have some of the power
    and that I am somehow in control of the outcome...and that just seems safe. But it limits Him." I could have written that. But I don't want to limit God. Thanks for sharing your heart. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete



The Joy Project 40


Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by various artists.