Friday, April 1, 2011

She Speaks To Me...

She Speaks to me… and thank you Jesus that she does because I might very well feel lost without her. She is my friend, my mentor, my mom, my sister, my friend, my niece and the voice many miles away that I may never meet. She has always known the redemptive power of the cross. Or maybe she found Him as a teenager. Perhaps, like me she found Him in the ashes of tragedy, grief or pain.
Regardless of how she found Him...He has always known her.
Knowing Him causes her to peel back her own layers and examine the ugly, gaping hole that only His love can fill. She digs deep and falls face down at His feet. She exposes herself to His truth and seeks Him over and over again…
She is radically changed.
And suddenly she sees herself, not as a reflection in a mirror but as a flawed, beautiful, transformed, perfectly wonderful, redeemed mess who is so loved by her Father that she SHINES and loses herself in Him. She is His most beautiful creation and I am blessed because she shares her life with me.

• She speaks when she unveils the ugly, hard truth of her sinful past and allows a collision with Him to change her life and path forever.

• She speaks when she testifies how her childhood trauma tears were not shed in vain and how she is awestruck that He has always been by her side and will never, ever let her go.

• She speaks when she sings her songs of praise and leaves our faces wet with tears and our chests swollen in Spirit.

• She speaks in handfuls of flowers, twirly skirts, sparkly shoes and silly songs. She speaks when she embraces his beautiful boy love in the form of baseball, bike rides, Yoda, a thousand questions and surprise kisses.

• She speaks when she writes about grace, children, adoption, Africa, aging, cancer, marriage, homemaking, fear and anxiety while remaining faithful and focused on our gracious, ominipotent Heavenly Father.

• She speaks when she unveils herself and offers transparency, submission, courage, weakness, humility, beauty and strength in Him.

• She speaks when she claims that His provision is Enough and she no longer longs for more.

• She speaks when she is connected enough to hear Him whisper and obeys.

• She speaks with her encouraging love, thoughtful words and ability to know my heart.

• She speaks with her puppy dog tail, precious face and sweet devotion.

She is one of His best….yes…one of his most grace filled gifts and wow, how I am blessed to share this walk. She walks with me and I walk with her….we walk together, towards More of Him and less of Us.

Amen, Amen, Hallelujah, Amen!

How absolutely awesome that He sought to offer a scholarship to She Speaks through a writer who has drawn me and so many others closer to Him by wrecking me with her God love, insight and authenticity....Ann Voskamp @ aholyexperience.com. She Speaks is a conference designed to equip women as speakers, writers and leaders to help encourage and connect other women to the heart of God. 
She Speaks Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment



The Joy Project 40


Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by various artists.